Fiat India has finally launched the new Fiat Abarth Punto in India at Rs. 9.95 lakhs (ex-showroom Delhi) and also in-addition Abarth-badged Avventura crossover launched at the same time at price Rs. 9.95 lakhs (ex-showroom Delhi).
The Fiat Abarth Punto is powered by an upgraded version of the Fiat Linea T-Jet turbo petrol engine with DOHC technology that generates 145 hp of power at 5,500 rpm and 212 Nm of torque between 2,000 and 4,000 rpm, mated to a 5-speed manual transmission. The car has capacity to go from 0 to 100 km/h in 8.8 seconds and top speed is estimated at 190kmph. Company claim its ARAI certified mileage of 16.3 km/l.
While the Abarth Avventura also gets the same T-Jet engine with same power but it takes to go from 0 to 100kmph in 9.9 seconds with a certified fuel efficiency of 17.1 km/l.
The Abarth Punto hatch is available in Hip-hop Black and Pearl White body paint colours and the Avventura crossover comes with Pearl White and Exotica Red exterior colours with “Powered by Abarth” badges on the rear doors.
Fiat Abarth Punto features highlights:
- Front Airbags with Early Crash Sensors
- Passenger Airbag Deactivation
- Smart Airbags that deploy based on severity of collision
- Anti-lock braking system (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD)
- Automatic door lock
- Central door locking
- Fire Prevention System (EPS) that cuts fuel supply in case of roll-over
- Immobilizer with Rolling code (FCS)
- All Four Disc Brakes
- Front & rear Fog lamps
- 16-inch Alloy Wheels
- Front and rear Power Windows with Auto down function
- Rear Defogger with wiper and washer
- Electrically adjustable outside rear view mirrors with turn indicators
- CD/ MP3 Music system
- Bluetooth connectivity and voice connect
- USB and Aux-in Centre console
- Audio controls on steering wheel
- Automatic climate Control
- Rear AC vents
- 3-point ELR seatbelts with pretensioners and load limiters
- Height adjuster for front seatbelts