The Toyota Land Cruiser has been progressively developed to harness new technologies to extend its capabilities both on-road and off and to increase in customer appeal in terms of styling equipment, comfort and practicality.
Toyota has introduced a series of improvements that give Land Cruiser new styling, an improved interior and revised handling for the 2014 model year. The reworked design preserves the model’s distinctive identity, while the interior changes raise quality, convenience and ease of use. Detailed adjustments to the suspensions systems – both the standard set-up and the Kinetic Dynamic Suspension System (KDSS) featured on higher grade models – deliver even better stability and ride comfort.
The Land Cruiser will continue to use its proven 188bhp 3.0-litre turbo diesel engine mated to a five-speed automatic transmission. The 4-cylinder, 16-valve unit has been revised to meet Euro 5+ emissions standards: 420Nm of torque is available from 1,600 to 3,00rpm and nought to 62mph acceleration is accomplished in 10.2 seconds (three-door) or 11.0 seconds (five-door); CO2 emissions have been reduced slightly to 209 and 214g/km for the three and five-door models respectively (performance data is subject to final homologation).
- Toyota’s redoubtable Land Cruiser to benefit from new styling inside and out and improvements to handling
- Design changes for three and five-door models led by distinctive new frontal treatment with deeper front bumper, heritage-inspired grille and new light clusters
- Revised rear lamp units and introduction of new alloy wheel designs and exterior colour choices
- Comprehensive upgrade of interior trim and ornamentation for higher tactile and perceived quality
- Dashboard redesign includes new control panel for on and off-road driving systems, full colour TFT multi-information display screen and Optitron meters
- Second and third row seats revised for easier access
- Adjustments to standard suspension and Kinetic Dynamic Suspension System for improved handling and ride comfort
- Safety features extended with availability of new Blind Spot Monitor and Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Land Cruiser 3.0-litre turbodiesel engine revised to meet Euro5+ emissions standard
- Details of UK model range, specifications and prices to be announced shortly prior to order books opening; first customer deliveries expected in early 2014