The beginning of financial year 2017-18 is much better for the Indian Automobile Industry. Here are the top 10 best selling cars in India of May-2017. According to the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM) figures, the car sales registered 1.66 lakh units compared to 1.58 lakh units in the same period last year. The passenger vehicles registered a growth of 9 per cent sales during the month of May 2017. Here is the list of cars that contributed a major roll to reach this target. Interestingly, these 10 cars are belongs from only two companies.
Top 10 best selling cars in India of May-2017
- Maruti Suzuki Alto – 23,618 units
- Maruti Suzuki Swift – 16,532 units
- Maruti Suzuki WagonR – 15,471 units
- Maruti Suzuki Baleno – 14,629 units
- Hyundai Grand i10 – 12,984 units
- Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza – 12,375 units
- Hyundai Elite i20 – 10,667 units
- Maruti Suzuki Dzire – 9,413 units
- Hyundai Creta – 8,377 units
- Maruti Suzuki Ertiga – 7,121 units
1. Maruti Suzuki Alto
2. Maruti Suzuki Swift
Maruti Suzuki and the country’s second largest selling car is Maruti Swift. However, Swift’s sales have declined on a monthly basis, but its sales have increased 33 percent on an annual basis. Swift registered 16,532 unit sales in May.
3. Maruti Suzuki WagonR
The third bestselling car declared Maruti Suzuki WagonR in May. Its sales have declined in the month-to-month basis. But on an annual basis it has registered a growth of 16 percent. In May registered 15,471 units of sales.
5. Hyundai Grand i10
6. Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza
Maruti’s popular compact SUV Vitara Brezza is constantly in the growth. This has also become the sixth bestselling car to register 12,375 cars in May.
7. Hyundai Elite i20
8. Maruti Suzuki Dzire
9. Hyundai Creta
10. Maruti Suzuki Ertiga