Tata Motors has changed its upcoming hatchback Zica to Tiago because of the deadly Zika virus outbreak across many countries. Company had launched a crowd sourcing campaign to find a new name. The company announced the Zika virus name matching with the Tata Zica model and it may affect on the sale of upcoming model.
The car has already displayed at the Auto Expo 2016 at Greater Noida, and it will compete with vehicles in a similar segment like Maruti Suzuki Celerio, Alto K10, Renault Kwid, Hyundai i10, Chevrolet Beat and Honda Brio, where prices start at Rs. 4 lakh.
Tata Tiago Technical Data:
Tata Tiago will offer with a 5-speed manual gearbox and an AMT transmission will add on later stage. The vehicle will be available in both fuel options, new 1.2-litre Revotron 3-cyl. petrol engine and 1.05-litre Revotorq diesel engine. The petrol engine will generate 85PS of power and 115NM of torque while the diesel engine will get 70PS of power and 140 Nm of torque.
Tata Tiago Features Highlights:
- Multi-Drive Mode City and Eco
- Multi-Information Display
- USB and Bluetooth connectivity
- Steering Mounted Phone + Audio Control
- 22 Multiple Storage Spaces
- Dual Front Airbags
- 9th Generation ABS and EBD
- HVAC (Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning)
- Front and Rear Auto down (Driver Side) + with delay function power windows
- Electrically Adjustable mirror
Tata Tiago Price:
Expected price of petrol variant will start from Rs. 4 lakh and the base diesel variant will start priced Rs. 5 lakh (ex-showroom). The official launch dates were not revealed yet, but we expect the car to be launched in the first quarter of 2016.