The Royal Enfield Himalayan motorcycle has been launched officially in India at Rs. 1,55,545 (ex-showroom, Maharashtra) and it will compete against with the Mahindra Mojo and the Benelli TNT 25. The motorcycle is built on a rugged duplex built cradle frame designed and developed by Harris Performance. This is the first motorcycle from Royal Enfield after takeover of Eicher Motor and the booking for RE Himalayan begins from Thursday (17th of March, 2016) while the deliveries will start by the end of this month.
The Royal Enfield Himalayan is ready on sale and can register across all states in India except Delhi, in a phased manner. The reason of motorcycle is not sale in India, because as per the Delhi government new rule, beginning from 1st of April, 2016 the all new models of two wheelers need to complaint with BS-IV emission norms and the Royal Enfield Himalayan is being with BS-III compliant, which doesn’t meet those requirements. The Himalayan will be made BS-IV compliant soon and will be available in Delhi ASAP, Company announced in media.
Royal Enfield Himalayan technical:
The Royal Enfield Himalayan is powered by the all-new 410 cc air-cooled single-cylinder engine with SOHC and an oil-cooler, develops 24.5 PS of power at 6,500rpm and 32 Nm of torque at 4,000-4,500 rpm. It is mated to a 5-speed gearbox.
The Himalayan has 182 kg of kerb weight and it measures 2190 mm in length, 840 mm in width, 1360 mm in height, 1465 mm in wheelbase and it has a high 220 mm of ground clearance. The motorcycle is available with strong mono shock rear suspension which allows for longer travel with smoother ride, regardless of terrain, according to the company.
Royal Enfield Himalayan features highlights:
- 15 litres in Fuel Tank Capacity
- Circular Headlamp
- Tall Windscreen
- Mudguard and Mud Flap
- Standard Handlebar Crossbar
- Half-Duplex Split Cradle Frame
- 41 Mm Long-Travel Telescopic Fork
- Rubber Boots And 200 Mm Travel
- Monoshock with Linkage and 180 Mm Travel
- 300 Mm front Disc Brake with Twin-Piston Caliper
- 240 Mm Rear Disc Brake with a Single-Piston Caliper
- 90/90-21 Tubeless Multipurpose Tyre at front and 120/90-17 Tubeless Multipurpose Tyre at Rear Side
- Spoke Wheels
- Tachometer and Fuel Gauge
- Digital Display for Trip Readings, Odo Reading, Time, Direction using a Magnetometer and Ambient Temperature
Royal Enfield Himalayan Price:
- Mumbai, on-road – Rs. 1,78,872
- Bangalore, on-road – Rs. 1,84,316
- Kolkata, on-road – Rs. 1,81,517
- Chennai, on-road – Rs. 1,75,840
- Hyderabad, on-road – Rs. 1,76,580
- Pune, on-road – Rs. 1,70,362
- Navi Mumbai, on-road – Rs. 1,71,065