Renault India has launched a new variant Kwid Climber at priced Rs. Rs. 4.30 lakh for the 5-speed manual variant and Rs. 4.60 lakh for the AMT variant (both prices ex-showroom Delhi). The car will be available only on the top-end variant which is approx Rs. 25,000 costlier than 1.0L RXT (O). The Kwid Climber is available only in the powerful 1.0-litre petrol engine with both a 5-speed manual and automated manual transmission (AMT).
Basically this the add-on variant with some cosmetic changes on the regular Renault Kwid and majority of the changes are on the outside like Alpine Blue colour exterior body and on the other hand exterior mirrors, roof rails and bash plate all comes painted in orange colour.
Renault Kwid Climber official video:
Renault Kwid Climber Features highlight:
- New two-tone orange ORVMs
- B-pillar black applique
- Integrated roof spoiler
- New rugged bumper overriders
- New front terrain protector
- New rear terrain protector
- New arching roof bars
- New orange side repeaters
- New Climber insignia on front doors and rear windshield
- New door protection cladding
- New muscular style six spoke wheels
- Digital instrument cluster with chrome contour
- New sporty steering wheel with CLIMBER insignia
- New orange perforations on steering wheel
- New piano black centre fascia with orange contour
- New side air vents with orange contour
- Floor console with 2 can holders
- New two-tone orange gear knob
- Premium contoured seats with integrated headrests
- New orange door trim accents
- New orange energy upholstery with CLIMBER insignia
- Electric power steering
- Front power windows
- Bluetooth audio streaming & handsfree telephony
- Touchscreen seven inch MediaNAV infotainment
- USB and AUX support
- Front fog lamps
- Remote keyless entry with central locking
- Driver airbag
- High safety Pro-Sense front seat belts
The Kwid Climber is powered by the more powerful 1.0-litre 3-cylinder petrol engine that produces 68 PS of power @ 5,500rpm and 91 Nm of torque @ 4,250rpm. It comes in both the 5-Speed manual and the AMT transmission. It has 28-litre of fuel tank capacity and company claims an ARAI certified mileage of 23.01 kmpl.
The car measure 3679 mm in length, 1579 mm in width, 1513 mm in height and it has 2422 mm of wheelbase with 180 mm of ground clearance.
The car is available in three colour options – Electric Blue, Outback Bronze and Planet Grey.