Jaguar makes global debut of its XJR model at New York Auto Show alongside the new Jaguar XKR-S GT.
The new XJR is capable to go from zero to 60mph in 4.4 seconds and on to an electronically limited top speed of 174mph.Seamless performance is provided by a 5.0-litre supercharged V8 engine producing 550PS and 680Nm peak torque, with power delivered to the rear wheels through an eight-speed automatic transmission.
Subtle exterior styling cues, which also optimise the flow of air over and around the car, have given the XJR a distinctively assertive appearance. A front splitter, special ‘R’ bonnet louvres and quad tailpipes add to the car’s stealthy yet purposeful demeanour.
The car’s dynamic intent is underlined by the technical palette of materials used on the interior. This includes optional semi-aniline leather and veneers in either Carbon Fibre or Piano Black. Providing a further unique touch is a choice of contrasting colour stitching to emphasise the design of the seats.
The five-spoke, lightweight, 20-inch ‘Farallon’ forged alloy wheels provide the XJR with a purposeful, broad shouldered stance and feature as standard either Sparkle silver or Technical grey finishes. The assertive appearance of the XJR is further enhanced with a Sport Pack grille with chrome surround and black mesh.
XJR customers can choose from an exterior palette comprising ten colours: Polaris White; Ebony; Ultimate Black; Stratus Grey, Lunar Grey, Rhodium Silver, Cashmere, Caviar, Carnelian Red, and Black Amethyst.
XJR main brief points:
- Flagship Jaguar XJR brings supercar performance to the luxurious XJ range
- High-performance supercharged 5.0 V8 produces 550PS and 680Nm of peak torque
- Eight-speed automatic transmission with steering-wheel mounted shift paddles
- 0-60mph in 4.4 secs and an electronically top speed of 174mph (280km/h)
- Assertive styling and aerodynamic enhancements plus new 20-inch wheels
- Electronic Active Differential and DSC systems recalibrated for spirited driving
- Exclusive Jaguar XJR cabin materials and ‘R’ embossed leather seat facings
- Available to order now at UK Jaguar dealers, priced from £92,335 on-the-road