The new Jaguar XF has global debut in the New York International Auto Show (NYIAS). It has a blend of design, technology, dynamic capability and efficiency. The coupe is combined with a longer wheelbase, more interior space and exceptionally low aerodynamic drag.
New Jaguar XF technical details:The new Jaguar XF retains its predecessor’s core attributes, but uses Jaguar’s aluminium-intensive architecture to enable weight savings of up to 190kg – making the 163PS diesel model 80kg lighter than the nearest competitor – plus an increase in torsional stiffness of up to 28 per cent. The architecture also delivers dramatic improvements in packaging and the proportions so essential to Jaguar design.
New Jaguar XF dimensions:
The all-new Jaguar XF measure 4,954mm long and 2,960 of wheelbase which is is 51mm longer than before, the front overhang 66mm shorter. Though 7mm shorter and 3mm lower than the original XF, rear seat space is class-leading thanks to 15mm more legroom, 24mm more kneeroom and up to 27mm more headroom than before. Aerodynamics are also superior: the drag coefficient drops from 0.29 to just 0.26. The all-new XF range will consist of: XF Prestige, XF R-Sport, XF Portfolio, XF S. Pricing starts at £32,300.00 (Rs. 29.69 lakh) for XF 2.0d 163ps in Prestige.
New Jaguar XF features highlight:
- Weight 80kg lighter than the competition
- The lowest CO2 emissions of any non-hybrid model in the segment: 104g/km
- Segment-leading for rear seat space: row-two occupants gain 15mm more legroom, 24mm more kneeroom and up to 27mm more headroom
- All-new 10.2-inch touchscreen infotainment system – InControl Touch Pro – offers door-to-door navigation, seamless iOS and Android connectivity, and 17-speaker, 825W Meridian digital surround sound
- Reconfigurable 12.3-inch TFT instrument cluster features four visual themes and full-screen navigation display
- Double wishbone front suspension and Integral Link rear suspension – combined with near-50:50 weight distribution
- All-Surface Progress Control enables smooth, effortless drive-away on low-friction surfaces such as snow and ice – all the driver has to do is steer
- LED headlights
- Laser head-up display which delivers high-contrast colour images
- Autonomous emergency braking
- Adaptive cruise control with queue-assist
- Lane keep-assist
- Intelligent speed limiter
- Semi-automated parking