India’s one of the most popular sedan Audi A4 in the compact luxury sedan segment, is now available with diesel 35 TDi engine and will be available at priced at Rs. 40.20 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). The petrol version of the car was launched earlier in September 2016. The new Audi A4 diesel gets 7 percent improvement in power and 7 percent improvement in fuel efficiency with 120 kg lighter than the previous model.
New Audi A4 Diesel:
The new Audi A4 35 TDI is powered by a 2.0-litre, turbocharged 4-cylinder diesel engine that makes 192 PS of power and 400 Nm of torque and paired with 7-speed S Tronic automatic transmission. It has capacity to accelerate from 0-100 kmph in an impressive 7.7 seconds and top speed marked 237 kmph. Company claims that the new A4 returns an ARAI certified mileage of 18.25km/l which is 7 percent more than the previous generation A4.
New Audi A4 Diesel features details:
The model comes with LED headlamps and rear dynamic turn indicators, 12.3-inch Virtual Cockpit with two display modes, MMI Navigation Plus, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility, wireless charging facility and 180 watt Audi 10 speaker sound system.
Following the features highlights:
- Audi Sound System with 10 Loudspeakers including a subwoofer with total output of 180 watts
- Electrically adjustable front seats with electric 4-way lumbar support
- Audi Parking Aid Plus with Rear View Camera
- MMI Navigation plus with MMI touch and a 21 centimeter, high resolution MMI monitor
- LED headlights including LED rear lights with dynamic indicators
- Audi smartphone interface connects a smartphone (iOS and Android) via USB to the car
- Audi phone box available with wireless Qi charging
- Audi smartphone interface – Apple Carplay and Android Auto
- Speech dialogue system
- 3-spoke leather multi-function sports steering wheel
- Glass sunroof
- Interior mirror automatically senses and reduces glare from incoming traffic in the night
- 3-zone deluxe automatic air conditioning
- 17”5 Arm Tornado design alloy wheels with 225/50 R17 94Y Tires
- Four driving options – Comfort, Auto, Dynamic and Individual
- Tyre pressure monitoring display
- Leather seat upholstery
- Eight airbags for Driver and front passenger, Head airbag, rear side airbags
- Anti-lock braking system (ABS) with electronic brakeforce distribution (EBD) with traction control
- Audi Virtual Cockpit with 2 Display modes
- MMI operating concept including free-text search function
The Audi A4 competes with the Mercedes-Benz C-Class, BMW 3 Series and Volvo S60. This is the second launch in India’s second launch for 2017 year after the refreshed version of A3 Cabriolet, and also company is planning to launch a host of models in India including new A3 sedan.