Mercedes-Benz India has launched the safest car new S 600 Guard in India at the Buddh International Circuit. The car is available at priced at Rs. 8.9 crore (ex-showroom Delhi) and it is certified for the highest ballistics protection class right now, called VR9.
The car is basically for high profile customers, high ranking government officials and business tycoons in India who need the top levels of security protection.
The Mercedes S 600 Guard has comes with first-class comfort, AIRMATIC suspension, intelligent driver assistance systems and the powerful V12 engine. The Mercedes-Benz Guard range vehicles are currently available with S, E, M and G-Class, globally. All the Mercedes-Benz service centres worldwide are also able to service, maintain or carry out any necessary repairs for the Guard models.
The new S 600 Guard is available both as a 4-seater and as a fully-fledged 5-seater and a 350-litre boot capacity and high payload. The special steel are integrated into body structure and the outer skin, splinter protection with the highest class of ballistic protection (VR9) which can unaffected of rifle fire from military weapons and protection from explosive charges. The glasses are coated with polycarbonate on the inside for splinter protection.
New S 600 Guard technical details:
The Mercedes S Guard is powered by 6.0-liter V12 engine that delivering 530 PS of power and 830 Nm of maximum torque, mated to a 7G-TRONIC automatic transmission. The AIRMATIC air suspension with variable damper control, reinforced, suspension components and adapted control functions such as ESP® or ASR to cope with the increased vehicle weight.
New S 600 Guard features detail:
- LED High Performance headlamps and rear light
- The Chauffeur package for the front passenger seat, EASY ADJUST luxury head restraints for the driver and front passenger
- Folding and removable on the front passenger side, and footrests electrically extendable on the front passenger side
- Rear Seat Comfort including multi contour outer rear seats
- Seat heating Plus and also the ENERGIZING massage function
- Larger 6-piston brake callipers and significantly larger brake discs are used at the front axle
- Michelin PAX run-flat tyres with an additional tyre pressure monitoring system
- Night View Assist Plus
- LED Intelligent Light System
- 360° camera
- Opaque roller blinds all-round in the rear
- Heated windscreen and side windows
- Easily operated panic alarm system
- Fire extinguisher system with automatic activation
- Emergency fresh air system protecting occupants from the ingress of smoke or irritant gases
- Hydraulic power for the heavy side windows
- Special cooling compartment in the rear
The Mercedes-Benz E-Guard models are also globally with a 6-cylinder diesel engine in the E 350 CDI Guard, V6 petrol engine in the E 350 Guard and a 5.5.-litre V8 in the E 500 Guard. The all E-Guard models have capacity to provide high protection in resistance class VR4 according to BRV 2009.
Mercedes-Benz G 500 Guard:
The G-Class is also available in a special-protection version globally with a 5.5-litre V8 engine and it has highest protection to VR6 or VR7, according to BRV 2009.
The M-Guard is available as the ML 500 with a powerful V8 petrol engine and 4MATIC permanent all-wheel drive to ensuring enhanced handling stability. The M-Guard with its integrated protective components meets all the requirements for resistance class VR6, according to BRV 2009.