Mercedes-Benz India is celebrating 20 years of the production of the E-Class in India and launched Edition E variants with characteristic sporty design, unmatched comfort and luxury with exemplary safety features. The new Edition E will be available in three variants – E200 at Rs. 48.6 lakh, E250 CDI at Rs. 50.7 lakh and E350 CDI is available at Rs. 60.61 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
Mercedes is celebrating 20 years of the production and also the highest selling luxury sedan in India. The company has sold around 32-thousand units of the E-Class since its launch in 1995. The luxury sedan is currently available in Avantgarde standard with E200, E250 CDI and E350 CDI variants. So the Edition E will be the advanced version of these existing variants.
Mercedes new Edition E variants technical details:
Edition E220 is powered by a 1991cc in-line, 4-cylinder petrol engine which producing 184 PS of power at 5500rpm and 300 NM of torque between 1200-4000rpm. It can accelerate from 0 to 100 in 7.9 kmph and has 233 kmph of top speed.
Edition E250CDI is powered by a 2143cc in-line, 4-cylinder diesel engine with 204PS of power at 4200rpm and 500 NM of torque between 1600-1800rpm. Car has 242 kmph of top speed and it can go from 0 to 100 in 7.5 kmph.
The top end variant Edition E250CDI is powered by a 2987cc V6 diesel engine, capable to generate 265PS of power at 3800rpm and 620 NM of torque between 1600-1800rpm. It has 250 kmph of top speed and can go from 0 to 100 in 6.6 kmph.
Mercedes new Edition E variants features highlight:
- Adaptive airbags, NECK-PRO head restraintsPRE-SAFE system
- Adaptive brake lights
- Intelligent Light SystemSD card navigation
- MB Apps
- Sporty brake pedals
- THERMOTRONIC Automatic Air Conditioning
- Memory seats with 3 settings
- Active Park Assist with camera
- High resolution color media display (20.3 cm)
- Illuminated Star
- Black hub caps
- New look fibre-topic tail lights
- Electronic Panoramic sunroof (with PRE-SAFE closing function)
- Active Parking Assistwith 360 degree camera
- Rear Seat Entertainment System
- Harman Kardon surround sound system includes a 9 channel DSP amplifier and 2-channel booster with an output of 610 watts combined with 14 speakers designed with Dolby Digital 5.1