The Germany luxury car manufacturer Mercedes-Benz has launched two new AMG sports utility vehicles (SUV), the Mercedes AMG G 63 Edition 463 and Mercedes AMG GLS 63. The company has kept the price of AMG G 63 Edition 463 at priced Rs. 2.17 crores and AMG GLS 63 worth at priced Rs. 1.58 crores (ex-showroom Pune). With this launch Mercedes-Benz India said in a statement that SUV segment now has eight products and hope to boost in SUV segment.
Roland Folger, MD and CEO of Mercedes-Benz India said that with today’s launch we are strengthening our existing AMG portfolio in India and we are confident that we will be ahead with the best product intervention in the Performance Segment.
Mercedes AMG G 63 Edition 463 and Mercedes AMG GLS 63 technical details:
The both variants Mercedes AMG G 63 Edition 463 and Mercedes AMG GLS 63 463 have same 5.5-liter V8 bi-turbo petrol engine that produces 571 PS of maximum power at 5,500rpm and 760 Nm of torque between 2,000-5,000rpm. Coupled to a 7G-tronic automatic gearbox and it has the capability of catch speed of 0 to 100 kmph in just 5.4 seconds. Its top speed is 210 km/h.
The AMG G 63 Edition 463 has 4 MATIC all-wheel-drive system, three fully locking differentials, an off-road reduction gear and an electronic traction system (4ETS).
The vehicles measure 4763 mm in length, 1855 mm in width and 1938 mm in height. SUVs have 96-litre of fuel tank capacity and 480-litre of boot capacity.
Mercedes AMG G 63 Edition 463 and Mercedes AMG GLS 63 features highlight:
- Bi-xenon headlamps with headlamp washers
- LED daytime running lamps
- Tilting/Sliding Sunroof
- Parktronic and Reversing camera
- Electrically adjustable 4-way lumbar support
- THERMATIC automatic climate control with 2 zones
- All-wheel drive, permanent, with diﬀerential gear
- Diﬀerential locks, 100% electrically engageable while in motion on front-and rear-axle diﬀerentials
- ECO start/stop function
- AMG instrument cluster in twin-tube design with 4.5-inch multifunction display
- Multimedia system with integrated 6-disc DVD changer
- Rapid hard-disc-based navigation system
- High-resolution 20.3 cm (8-inch) color display
- USB and Bluetooth connectivity
- Smartphone integration with Apple Car Play and Android Auto
- Audio streaming for music transfer, telephone keypad
- Slot for SDHC memory cards and 10 GB memory
- Harman Kardon® Logic 7® surround sound system
- 10-channel DSP ampliﬁer with a total output of 450 Watts
- Sound Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS with 12 high-performance speakers
- Seats and door centre panels & rear door insert in diamond-pattern designo leather
- AMG front sports seats
- Multi-contour seats for driver and front passenger
- Airbags for driver and front passenger
- Windowbags for driver, front passenger and rear passengers
- Anti-lock braking system (ABS)
- BAS Brake Assist system with brake servo assistance
- Electronic Traction System 4ETS for all-wheel drive
- Acceleration skid control (ASR)
- Electronic Stability Programme (ESP®) incl. Trailer Stabilisation
- AMG high-performance braking system
- ADAPTIVE Brake with HOLD function and Hill Start Assist function
- Anti-theft alarm system with tow-away protection and interior monitoring system
- Tyre pressure monitoring system
- 21-inch 5-twin-spoke light-alloy wheels, matt black, with a high-sheen rim ﬂange (in AMG G 63 Edition 463)
- 20-inch AMG 5-spoke light-alloy wheels painted in matt black ﬁnish (in G 63)
- AMG Performance steering wheel in black nappa leather
Including both of these cars company launched total six new cars in this year and also Mercedes-Benz India is planning to launch above seven new models this year. Like last year, the company launched 13 new cars in India.
In the January-March quarter the company has sold the highest number of 3,650 cars in India, which is the best sales so far in quarter-by-quarter. The company sold 3,622 units in the same period last year. At the same time, in the year 2016, the company sold 13,231 cars which is 1.8 percent lower than in 2015.