Jeep India has launched its new much-awaited Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) Jeep Compass in India at initial price of Rs. 14.95 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). While the top of the line Jeep Compass Diesel Limited 4×4 is Rs. 20.65 lakh at ex-showroom Delhi. Company is introduces Compass in three standard variants – Sport, Longitude and Limited. But the petrol variant is only available in the Sport and Limited engine. Available in 10 different variants including option pack and 5 colours. Also the company announced that Jeep Compass bookings have crossed 5,000 units within 40 days, while 38,000 people have questioned about this car.
Jeep Compass Price List (Ex-showroom):
Jeep Compass Petrol:
- Sport MT– Rs. 14,95,000
- Limited AT – Rs. 18,70,000
- Limited Option AT – Rs. 19,40,000
Jeep Compass Diesel:
- Sport MT – Rs. 15,45,000
- Longitude MT – Rs. 16,45,000
- Longitude Option MT – Rs. 17,35,000
- Limited MT – Rs. 18,05,000
- Limited Option MT – Rs. 18,75,000
- Limited 4×4 MT – Rs. 19,95,000
- Limited Option 4×4 MT – Rs. 20,65,000
Jeep Compass exclusive first drive review
Jeep Compass technical details:
The petrol Compass is powered by a 1.4-litre Multiair engine that produces 162 PS of power and 250 Nm of torque. It gets a 6-speed Manual transmission while the Limited variant gets a 7-speed DDCT automatic transmission.
On the other side the diesel Compass comes with a 2.0-litre Multijet II engine technology that generates 173 PS of power at 3750rpm and 350 Nm of torque between 1750-2500rpm. It has a 6-speed manual transmission for now. The company claim an ARAI certified fuel efficiency of 17.1 km/l.
The SUV has 2636 mm of wheelbase and it measure 4395 in length, 1818 mm in width, and 1640 mm in height with 60-litre of fuel tank capacity. Front and rear side Disc brakes also for safe driving.
Jeep Compass features detail:
The Jeep Compass is equipped with host of great features like daytime running lights, LED tail lamps, 17-inch alloy wheels, a 7-inch UConnect infotainment unit that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, passive keyless entry, push button start and automatic climate control, Six airbags, ABS, Traction Control and ESC. Also the top variant Limited has dual tone paint shades and Bi-xenon HID headlamps.
- Customisable 3.5 (8.89 cm) graphic driver information display
- Unconnect with 5.0 (12.7 cm), 7.0 (17.78 cm for Limited) touchscreen display
- Integrated Voice command
- Bluetooth USB connectivity
- Auto AC controls on touchscreen (Integrated centre stack)
- Dual-Zone Automatic temperature control
- Electrically adjustable and foldable door mirrors
- Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- R17 Alloy wheels and all season Tyres
- Dynamic steering torque (DST)
- Activated carbon air filter
- Push Button Engine Start
- Reverse park assist sensors and parking camera
- Electronic parking brake (EPB)
- Dual stage passenger Airbags
- Driver Airbags
- All-Speed traction control system (TCS)
- Electronic stability control (ESC)
- Anti-lock braking system (ABS)
- Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
- Rear Wiper and Defogger
- Double crank prevention system
Jeep India is offering 3 years/1,00,000 km standard warranty on the Compass. There is also FCA’s Mopar care with 3 year complimentary 24×7 Roadside Assistance. The service interval is at 15,000/1 year.
Jeep Brands came in the Indian market on August 29, 2016 with three models Grand Cherokee, Grand Cherokee SRT and Wrangler Unlimited. Company has 50 dealerships across 47 Indian cities in India and claimed that the company will have 50 sales outlets by the end of this year.