Jaguar C-X17 Sports Design and Technology:
The Jaguar C-X17 has been created as a design study to introduce Jaguar’s all-new advanced aluminium monocoque architecture, codenamed iQ, on which an exciting range of future Jaguars will be built. This new philosophy underpins the entire innovative future of the Jaguar brand. A modular and scalable vehicle architecture, engineered and developed for Jaguar, the architecture is high-strength, lightweight, extremely stiff and incorporates innovative efficiency technologies. It enables flexible high-volume production while allowing creative design freedom and competitive interior packaging, without compromising the unique character, dynamics, performance and luxury that Jaguar is famous for. This will enable Jaguar to grow its product portfolio, targeting high-growth areas of the premium market.
As a sports crossover, the Jaguar C-X17 stretches the design possibilities of the segment by combining the character and driving experience of a sports car with increased presence, style and flexibility. The sports crossover concept represents the potential expansion of Jaguar’s portfolio of body styles, with the associated enhancement of the brand’s relevance and appeal to a wider global audience.
Jaguar C-X17 Sports Features
- Jaguar announces next-generation lightweight technologies in the form of an all-new advanced aluminium monocoque architecture
- It is lightweight, extremely stiff and incorporates innovative technologies that emphasise Jaguar’s commitment to sustainability
- This advanced lightweight architecture will form the basis for a new range of future Jaguars; the first product will be a mid-size premium C/D segment sedan on sale in 2015
- This will be the first aluminium monocoque product in the segment and is set to be the most advanced, efficient and refined sports sedan in its class
- Power will be provided by a range of engines including the new family of high-output, fuel-efficient petrol and diesel engines to be built at Jaguar Land Rover’s new UK engine manufacturing facility
- These will enable Jaguar to offer vehicles with class-leading performance, including top speeds of over 300km/h (186mph), and emissions lower than 100g of CO2 per km
- Looking to the future, the C-X17 concept is a study to demonstrate the capabilities of the new advanced aluminium monocoque architecture
- It blends the sleek design and sporting performance that are hallmarks of Jaguar, with the crossover benefits of an assured driving position and high levels of flexibility
- The C-X17 also showcases advanced interior technologies including Interactive Surface Console – a multi-screen infotainment network that links passengers with each other and the outside world through social media channels