The world leader in off-road and All-Terrain Vehicles Polaris India, a 100% subsidiary of US-based Polaris Industries Inc., has launches the Indian Motorcycle brand in India. The company launches its three best popular models: Indian Chief Classic, Indian Chief Vintage and Indian Chieftain, in Indian market. The model range will be sold through Completely-Built-Up (CBU) units.
Indian Motorcycle brand in India Price Range Ex-Shwroom Delhi:
- Indian Chief Classic: Rs. 26.5 lakh
- Indian Chief Vintage: Rs 29.5 lakh
- Indian Chieftain: Rs. 33 lakh
These models with classic styling, true heritage and modern technology: The Chief range is powered by Thunder Stroke™111™ engine that delivers 139 Nm of torque @ 2,600 rpm.
The Thunder Stroke 111™ engine integrated with 1,811 cc displacement, the 49-degree V-Twin engine is the new heartbeat of Indian Motorcycle and marks the first clean-sheet Indian Motorcycle engine design in seven decades. It has features with parallel pushrod tubes, finned heads, down firing exhausts, left side air intake, and the proportions and layout familiar to Indian Motorcycle fans around the world.
Indian Motorcycle Specifications:
- Engine Type: Thunder Stroke 111™ (1,811 cc)
- Torque: 139 Nm of torque @ 2,600 rpm
- Architecture: 49-degree V-twin, air-cooled with integrated oil cooler, left-side air intake, down firing exhaust system, parallel pushrod tubes
- Transmission: 6-speed overdrive, constant mesh, helical gearbox
- Clutch: Low-effort, multi-plate wet clutch, aluminum basket, integral torsional damper
- Crankcase: Unit design featuring a high capacity semi-dry sump oil system, oversized oil radiator
- Timing System: 3 camshafts, pushrods, 2 valves per cylinder acting through maintenance-free hydraulic valve lifters, forged crankshaft
Indian Motorcycle is an iconic brand that gained immense popularity across world geography. In April 2011, Polaris Industries acquired Indian Motorcycle and in August 2013, it unveiled the all-new range of Indian motorcycles.