General Motors India has reduced the price of its SUV Chevrolet Trailblazer by Rs 2.5 lakh for the festive seasons and tackles its sales against competitors. The model was launched in October last year at priced Rs 26.4 lakh, but after reduction now it is available at priced at Rs 23.95 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).
We can see it another angle, last month in September the Ford India has cut the prices of Endeavour SUV up to Rs 2.82 lakh and Toyota has also already announced to launch its new Fortuner in India on 7th of November this year.
It was available as CBU (Completely Built Unit), when launched, as a result a higher CBU price tag, mediocre equipment levels and also absence of a 4×4 variant. Company is selling Trailblazer only one LTZ variant which is rear-wheel drive. While its competitors such as Ford Endeavour, Toyota Fortuner and Mitsubishi Pajero Sport are available in four-wheel drive as well as manual transmission options.
So the buyers are attracting to its rivals like the Ford Endeavour and Toyota Fortuner. As we can see to its sales figure, the company has just sold 48 Trailblazers between January to August 2016 and in the past six months from April 2016 – September 2016, registered just 28 units of Trailblazer.
Chevrolet Trailblazer Technical Details:
The Trailblazer is the most powerful vehicle in its segment and powered by newest member of famed DURAMAX family 2.8-litre 4-cylinder turbo-diesel engine that produces 200PS of power at 3,600rpm and 500Nm of torque at 2,000rpm. The engine is mated to 6-speed automatic transmission.
The Trailblazer has a class-leading boot space of 1,830-litres while it measures 4,878mm in length, 1,902mm in width and 1,847mm of height. It has a ground clearance of 253mm and 2,845mm of wheelbase.
Chevrolet Trailblazer Features Highlight:
- Automatic Climate Control system for both front and rear Seat
- Cruise Control
- Rear Washer & Wiper
- Rear Park Assist and Rear View Camera with 7″(176.6mm) Touchscreen display
- Power Adjustable & Foldable Outside Mirrors with Turn Indicators
- All Power Windows
- MY-LINK Infotainment system (7″(176.6mm) Touch Audio with Smartphone App Link)
- Embedded Apps – Internet Radio Functionality (Sticher SmartRadio)
- Radio MP3 USB AUX VIDEO SIRI Eyes Compatibility and Premium 6 Speakers system
- Bluetooth Audio Streaming & Phone telephony
- Multi-Funtion Steering wheel (Infotainment & Bluetooth® Handsfree & Cruise Controls)
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
- Cornering Brake Control (CBC)
- Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD)
- Hill Start Assist (HSA)
- Hill Descent Control System (HDC)
- Traction Control System (TCS)
- Panic Brake Assist (PBA)
- Hydraulic Brake Assist (HBA)
- Driver and Front Passenger Airbags
- Crash Sensor, disengages the central locking function upon impact
- Front and rear fog lamps
- Anti Theft Alarm
- Automatic Door Locking Mechanism
- Central Locking with Remote keyless entry
Chevrolet Trailblazer VS Toyota Fortuner VS Ford EndeavourComparison Review Video:
Company has also confirmed the refreshed version of Trailblazer in near future by 2017. Internationally, facelifted version of Chevrolet Trailblazer was unveiled at the Bangkok International Motor Show in March 2016.