The Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) is one of the popular car manufacturer in India has also announced to recall 5,834 units of its Premium Sedan Corolla Altis diesel to rectify the powertrain problem which were manufactured between 15-June-2010 and 23-May-2011.
The company will contact directly to the owners of affected vehicles to take the vehicle at workshop for fix the problem at free of cost, which is causing a leakage of oil into the air intake system.
Recently Toyota had recalled its sedan Camry in India to repair its defective front suspension in November this year.
As we can see, the all major car manufacturers had followed the recall process one by one. Here take a look the of the vehicles recalled in India.
Vehicle recalled in India in 2014:
- Ford India recalled 3,072 units of Fiesta to fix the problem with glow plug control module, which were manufactured between October-2010 and December-2011.
- Mahindra & Mahindra recalled 2,300 units of Scorpio, XUV500 and Xylo to fix defective vacuum pump in engine. Applied on vehicle manufactured in May this year (May-2014)
- Audi AG recalled 6,758 units of A4 sedans to update its airbag control unit software, which were manufactured between November 2011 and October 2014.
- Honda Cars recalled 2,338 units of Brio, Amaze and CR-V to fix a problem with the faulty airbag. Vehicle manufactured between September 2011 and July 2014.
- Nissan India recalled over 9,000 units of Micra and Sunny to replace faulty airbag which were manufactured between 2008 and 2012.
- Honda Cars recalled over 1,075 units of Honda Accord and 252 units of Honda CR-V manufactured in Year 2003 & 1 unit of CR-V manufactured in Year 2002 over faulty airbags.
- Mahindra & Mahindra recalled 23,519 units of its iconic Scorpio EX to replace faulty pressure regulating valves, which were manufactured between May 2012 and November 2013.
- Hyundai Motor India recalled 2,437 units of Santa FE SUV to fix its Stop Lamp Switch problem of the 2011 model year in India for the manufacturing period June 26, 2011, to September 26, 2013.
- Maruti Suzuki recalled 1,03,311 units of Ertiga, Swift and DZire in India to fix fuel-filler neck problem. The recall included 47,237 units of its popular hatchback Swift, 42,481 units of its sedan DZire and 13,593 units of its multi-passenger vehicle, Ertiga, which were manufactured between 12 November 2013 and 4 February 2014.
- Toyota India recalled 45,000 units of Innova, which were manufactured between February 2005 and December 2008, over a problem with the steering column.
- General Motors India recalled 1.14 lakh units of the Chevrolet Tavera in July last year, which were manufactured between 2005 and 2013 to fix the issues related to emissions and specifications.