The 2016 Skoda Superb has been launched in India at a starting price of Rs. 23.11 lakhs Ex-showroom, Delhi. The 3rd generation Superb now comes with more luxuries features which is based on the MQB platform that underpins most of the entry luxury cars from the Volkswagen Group like the Audi TT, A3 and Skoda Octavia. After Skoda Octavia the new Superb will be the second product for Skoda India to feature the company’s latest design language.
It is about 75 kg lighter than the previous version and extra 80mm longer, 47 mm width and 28 mm length from the previous Superb model and also much more spacious. It is available in Style and Laurin & Klement variant options but in three powered engine and three types of transmission.
2016 Skoda Superb Technical Details:
The 2016 Skoda Superb is powered by 1.8-litre TSI petrol engine that generates 180PS of power @ 4000-6200rpm and 320NM of torque @ 1450-3900rpm with 6-speed manual transmission. But the same 1.8-litre petrol engine is also producing same 180PS of power @ 5100-6200rpm and 250NM of torque @ 1250-5000rpm for the 7-Speed dual clutch Automatic transmission. The car delivers 14.12 Km/L mileage for the MT (Manual) variant and 14.67 for the AT (Automatic) variants.
The 2016 diesel Skoda Superb is powered by a 2.0-litre TDI CR engine technology that develops 177PS of power @ 3600-4000rpm and 350NM of torque @ 1500-3500rpm, mated to a 6-speed DSG automatic transmission. And this engine claim to deliver 18.19Km/L of mileage under standard testing conditions.
2016 Skoda Superb Features Highlight:
Exterior features include butterfly grille, chiseled headlights, bi-xenon headlamps with LED DRLs, 18 inch alloy wheels, LED taillamps, power-operated boot release, parking sensor with camera and sunroof. Inside the cabin it gets a premium features such as adaptive dampers with 3 driving modes, 12 way power-adjustable front seats with memory function for driver seats, 3-zone automatic climate control, leather seats, 6.5-inch LCD TFT Smartlink infotainment system and CANTON sound system with 12-speaker (610 W). In-terms of safety features, it gets total 8-airbags, ABS, ESP, Driver Alert System and Traction Control System.
- 17-inch Alloy wheels
- Bi-Xenon headlights with decorative cut crystal elements including illuminated “eyelashes”
- Front and rear fog lamps
- Parktronic sensors and speaker at front and rear
- Rear view camera with display on central infotainment system
- Dual front airbags with Side and Curtain airbags at front and rear
- Fuel supply cut-off in a crash
- ESC (Electronic Stability Control) and TCS (Traction Control System)
- Anti-theft alarm with interior motion sensors and tilt sensor
- Remote control locking and unlocking of doors and boot lid
- Panoramic Electric sunroof with bounce-back system and remote control closing
- 6.5-inch SmartLink – smartphone mirroring of certified functions/ applications on Infotainment display
- TPM (Tyre Pressure Monitoring)
- 2 Skoda umbrellas with one-touch operation
- Front and rear electrically adjustable windows with One-touch operation and Bounce-back system
- GSM telephone preparation with Bluetooth controls on multi-function steering wheel
- Cruise control and automatic front wiper system with rain sensor
- Two 12V power sockets in centre console (front and rear) and luggage compartment
- 625 litres luggage compartment space and 1760 litres with rear seatbacks folded
2016 Skoda Superb Price List at Ex-showroom Delhi:
Skoda Superb Petrol:
- Style 1.8 TSI – Rs. 23,11,263/-
- Style 1.8 TSI AT – Rs. 24,37,300/-
- Laurin & Klement 1.8 TSI AT – Rs. 27,40,263/-
Skoda Superb Diesel:
- Style 2.0 TDI AT – Rs. 26,89,687/-
- Laurin & Klement 2.0 TDI AT – Rs. 29,92,550/-