Yamaha X-MAX family, whose range of mid-class maxi scooters set the benchmark in the competitive 250 class with their sporty design, compact dimensions and punchy performance.
The X-MAX 400’s new single-cylinder liquid-cooled 4-stroke DOHC 4-valve engine is an evolution of the proven and reliable design that currently powers the popular Majesty 400. Developing 23.2 kW (31.5 hp) at 7,500 rpm, this compact and responsive engine produces over 54% more power than the unit used in the current X-MAX 250. This significant increase in power – as well as over 60% more torque – makes the new X-MAX 400 the most powerful X-MAX ever.
The model that set the benchmark in the whole maxi-scooter segment was the Yamaha TMAX, launched some years before the X-MAX family was developed. Offering motorcycle levels of performance with automobile comfort and scooter convenience, TMAX opened up a whole new market. The ground-breaking high-performance TMAX not only changed the way in which the scooter was used, it also raised the scooter’s profile amongst many car drivers and motorcyclists, who suddenly realised that the maxi-scooter was a serious alternative.
In order to satisfy this demand, Yamaha has taken the evolution of the X-MAX to the next level with the launch of the sporty and sophisticated new premium quality X-MAX 400. Featuring a compact and lightweight chassis driven by a punchy 400cc engine, this brand new X-MAX provides excellent power and acceleration, while maintaining the easy handling, agility and compact body of a 250cc model.
It will come following three colors option: Absolute White, Matt Grey, Midnight Black.
- Completely new design, the latest evolution of the X-MAX family
- 400cc engine with over 54% more power and over 60% more torque than X-MAX 250
- Agile and very compact scooter in its class – only 211kg wet
- Comfortable upright motorcycle-type riding position
- LED front position lights and LED tail lights
- Underseat storage for two full-face helmets
- Comprehensive sports instrument panel with analogue rpm gauge and on board computer
- Dual 267mm floating front discs for strong braking performance
- Comprehensive range of stylish and purpose-built accessories
- Price £5,399 – Availability end of May